Bigg Thoughts

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Is Geni useful??



Seems to be a kind of a concept, where you can have a family tree set up just like orkut and other social networking sites. Not sure how successful this idea will be because, the younger crowd is not too keen on connecting with the families, and ofcourse the generation gap for the elder people dont allow them to use the net as much as the teenagers.

Also noticed that there is a general flaw with the site, it does not allow relatives who are already members to connect using mail ids- For eg. I am not able to invite my cousin who is already havin a tree of his own.So basically, I gotta duplicate his tree onto mine. I did setup a whole network for my family, but nothing makes me keep going back to the site.. and not too happy about the non linking feature.. ..

1 comment:

The Philips said...

you should try ancestry.com
I got my family tree there. Young people are not keen on family connection?? That's way to generic. May be indians kids are not taught about it. But here in american a lot of kids do trace . .

Google